Our aim is to offer a unique experience in pre-school education and day care for children between the ages of 6 weeks and 5 years old through the medium of Welsh; in a happy and secure environment, having fun, meeting new friends and learning through play. We will also create an environment that promotes independence and confidence.
Our Vision is to be recognised as a leading provider of high quality care to pre-school age children, including those with special educational needs. To ensure that children leave Meithrinfa Pontnewydd confident and equipped to start the next phase of their education.
In order to move us nearer to our vision, the purpose of the nursery is to provide a safe and fun environment for all of our children where all learning is enjoyable and all children’s individual needs are recognized and met.
- Provide a happy, warm, friendly and child – orientated environment.
- Work in partnership with parents.
- Maintain highly qualified, valued staff who are engaged and build excellent relationships with children and parents.
- Offer a range of indoor and outdoor activities, all of which are geared to the development stage of individual child.
- Promote self esteem.
- Promote diversity and valuing of all differences.
- Encourage children to adopt acceptable behaviours and to respect the people and environment around them.
- Accommodate the individual needs of all children.
- Ensure the development of the child physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.